SCELSE's research students will be enrolled in a highly competitive joint NTU-NUS SCELSE graduate programme. This programme leverages on expertise and graduate courses from Singapore’s leading universities – Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS). Students enter into either NTU or NUS, follow a common PhD programme and graduate with a degree from either university.
There are two intakes per year (August and January). For the August and January intakes, the deadline for application submissions are 28th February and 31st July, respectively. Outstanding candidates with exceptional qualities will be considered at any time of the year. Please indicate your intention to apply for a SCELSE scholarship in the online application form. All applications must go through the online system of the University’s Graduate Admissions (please refer to application procedures below).
As a guide, please find below the list of SCELSE research specialisations in NTU and NUS to help you decide on the right institution to apply to.
- Microbiology and microbial ecology
- Microbial signaling (for c-di-GMP and other signalling types)
- Molecular biology of biofilms
- Microbal biofilm communities
- Biofilm matrix
- Bioreactor bioprocess ecology
- Used water treatment
- Temporal & spatial scales in biofilms and bioimaging
- Chemical biology
- Adhesins and virulence factors
- Animal and tissue models for biofilm - host association
- Biofilm-eukaryote interactions
- Public health and biofilm-mediated chronic diseases
- Computational and systems biology
- Microbial ecology of urban waterways - including plants
- Microbial signalling (for c-di-GMP)
- Chemical Biology